Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweat + Sacrifice = Success

I am trying it again. Running, that is. I ran around the neighbourhood tonight. Living at the bottom of a valley is probably a blessing for the legs & glutes, however, it's quite the feat when you are starting out. Running uphill is torture. Needless to say, it felt like I was running as slow as molasses. Still, I ran. My lungs were on fire. My clothes were drenched, in sweat and rain. I cursed my calves.

Met a boxer along the way. He was walking his human and abruptly stopped, turning to stare me down from up the hill. I watched the woman struggling to get him to keep going, but he resisted, all the while watching me. I caught up to the two of them and said to the woman, "Looks like he wants to meet me!" No sooner were the words out of my mouth and he was on top of me, snarling. My heart ran up my throat and I did my best to conceal my fear. I held out my hand hoping he wouldn't tear it off and a moment later he was licking me like I was his best bud. Asshole!

All in all it was a brilliant end to the day...running in the rain. I love these rainy days and though I can't say that I "love" to run, I certainly love the way the body feels after a run.

No comments: