Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This is all wrong.

All of it.

I'm losing it.

What is this thing in my chest? This thing that has hold... clenching ...tight... So tight, I cannot breathe. It navigates my life for me, I feel like I have no choice in the matter. Try as I might, I cannot win this one. Ever.

The bastard keeps me up at night...

Pulls me, a constant tug. At first I thought it was funny. Now I'm not so sure. This is just madness... this thing in my chest.

I didn't ask for it.

I didn't want it.

You can have it.

It's up for grabs. Free for the taking. The key too...

I want to rip it out, stuff it into a brown paper bag, lock it in the freezer... and sew up the incision with fishing line. Freeze frame it in the frigid cold and forget about it. This incessant timpani of steady rhythm would cease to a muffled groan... as each drop, each cell becomes frost and silence instills...

But all I can do now is drown it out... with something louder...words...a melody...a voice...

Play it loud... and hope the tide comes in



"Memories fade Like looking through a fogged mirror Decisions too Decisions are made Decisions are made and not bought But I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot I guess not"

No comments: